This week, Shannon chats with Barbie Liss who is a Maternal Empowerment Coach, helping Women heal Mother Wounds and reclaim their Goddess Energy!
As Mom to 3 grown children, Barbie has travelled the path of Motherhood, from typical to not at all typical experiences. Her life altering experience, and subsequent healing journey as a Mom of a rape survivor, and ultimate Restorative Justice outcome, led to her current path.
She has been featured in Forbes, on Sirius XM, the Great Canadian Women, Empowerography Podcast, and more.
Through a deep dive virtual Coaching Program, Barbie nurtures her clients through unlearning generational wounds and rewriting limiting core belief. She is an UNteacher of damaging messages and a perspective shape shifter. As a Maternal Empowerment Coach, Barbie helps heal old wounds that bleed into new moments, so that You can step fully into Your Goddess Energy!
- Finding your true self through ancestral wound healing
- Barbie's story as a mom of a rape survivor, and her personal healing journey
- What restoritive justice is, and why Barbie and her daughter chose a restoritive justice outcome
- How generational patterns are passed down and how that affects us as individuals
- How we can all choose a resoritive justice approach in our daily encounters
- Shannon talks about her parents divorce and how she felt/feels today
- Teachable moments vs. punishable moments
- The lesson Shannon teaches her kids about empathy and understanding
- Unlearning patterns and messaging that doesn't serve us
- Why Shannon feels fortunate that she experienced trauma in her life
- How to not let your circumstances control your emotions and actions
- Why it's ok to be ok, even when we're not entirely ok
- How the word "and" can positively impact your mindset
- How Barbie healed herself in order to help her daughter heal
- How generational messaging and language is passed down and why it doesn't work in a new generation (ex. using "because I said so as an answer to our kids" or "just do what the doctor says", etc...)
- Barbie's tips for de-gunking your life today
Links mentioned in this episode: