This week, Shannon chats with Sarah Deitcher who is a reiki and energy practitioner. After her first certification in Reiki 15 years ago, she fell in love with this healing modality and quickly moved to the next level and continued to practice daily. She uses energy work, essential oils, and meditation to holistically look at the deeper meanings of everything from self love and dis-ease in the body, to relationships and soul purpose.
- What energy work is, who can benefit from doing energy work, and what positive effects you might experience
- Shannon’s personal experience with energy healing, the effects she felt and how she went from being super skeptical to a full believer of energy healing
- What you need to know if you’re skeptical about energy work, or you’re considering doing some energy work on your own or with a practitioner
- How are are all made up of energy and what that means for us
- Why and how we can feel other people’s energies when we interact with them - ex. they’re negative energy can make us feel bad, they’re positive energy can make us feel better, etc.
- How energy is at work when you randomly think of someone and the next day you bump into them or they call you out of the blue (what does this mean?)
- The odd experience that Shannon had during her first experience with energy work when she was in nutrition school
- Why it’s important to get to the root cause of our illnesses (both physical and mental) in order to heal. (Getting to the source of our ailments, rather than focusing and “bandaid-ing” the ailments themselves)
- How Sarah finally healed from chronic bladder infections, when nothing was working
- How our thoughts and experiences in life actually embed themselves in our bodies and cause disease/illness/pain/etc…
- How all of the systems in our bodies are connected to each other, and how we all have an innate ability to heal ourselves
Links mentioned in this episode: